1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Didn't Rob Gronkowski sexually assault this host?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 5, 2016.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Now it's on.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

So this thread is a way of continuing, what, the Patrick Kane argument? Affecting a posture opposite to what you actually believe so as to prove some aspect of a former argument?

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This thread is a way of finding out if people think that the Gronkowski lap dance could reasonably be construed as a low-degree sexual assault. Nothing more. I've affected no posture. Not everybody has your perfectly honed moral clarity. Some have to think things through. Apply premises to new situations. Ask around, even, for different perspectives.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Current Fox Sports 1 programming makes The Best Damn Sports Show Period look like "the PBS years."

6. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

With all these posts, when do you have time to hit the treadmill?

7. Dick Whitman

You missed it. I've been outed as being fat.

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

You've said you're not part of the "consent regime," yet you titled this thread as if the burden of proof were on those who weren't. I'm not sure what you'd call that. If not a posture, then a chain yank? I dunno.

You actually got my perspective on it --that it's not assault -- but several others in the thread frankly doubt the sincerity of the thread at all. That might clue you in to whether this approach of yours is actually working but, for all I know, your intent could be just to wind me up on some moral clarity I've never claimed to have. I answered the question in a straightforward manner and was told (by others) I missed the point. Which is to say: At least some people don't think your posts are on the level.

9. Dick Whitman

I don't know what to tell you. Sexual assault and consent are interesting, timely topics. People say it is clear that Gronkowski did not assault the reporter. It is not that clear to me. She didn't ask for that. What excludes it from being an assault? That she enjoyed it? That Gronk is likable? She never consented to it. She certainly didn't affirmatively consent to it.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Alma, don't you realize Dick's entire SJ.com persona is a chain yank?

11. Dick Whitman

I actually have a lot of pitches in my repertoire.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

And they're all curveballs.

Draft saved Draft deleted