1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Didn't get the message the first time? You're outta here!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by forever_town, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Moddy, I was just saying I could never play in the league -- except one quarter, maybe two if I was having a good day, every other game. If you enter a league, make sure you know the rules ahead of time and if you can't abide by them don't play, I guess is all I can add.

2. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

It's a rule. You enforce it. No big deal.

My softball league has a similar rule, though it's more directed at the same cursing-at-someone mentioned earlier.

The rule itself doesn't bother me a bit.

I had an altercation with a basketball player who was dropping f-bombs and n-words within earshot of the 9- and 10-year-olds' baseball team. Moronic wanna-be claimed he was "All NBA" and that's how they talked. It's like, uh, bub, curb it for an hour, will ya? He continued and threatened the father who'd asked him to tone it down, then verbally assaulted the mother.

I did notice after the father called the police and the officer arrived, said moron had no trouble refraining from swearing.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

For the record, my "fuck that" was a joke in case anyone didn't get it. Past that, fuck 'em if they can't take a joke. [/runninggratuitousprofanityintotheground]

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Hey, I'm happy to help. 8)

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, I got that joke.

6. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Years ago, before I got fat, I played in a church basketball league. I was filling in for someone else and do not know if there was a specific rule against cursing.

I stole a ball and went the other way for an uncontested lay-up...which I missed.

I said "ahhh fuck". My wife said that the other people in the stands moved away from her and stopped talking to her after that. She said they had been very friendly to that point.

But, after finding out she was married to that foul mouth, that was all she wrote.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Fuck those pretentious fuckers. An official enforcing a rule is one thing. Those people are just being judgmental asses.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I just love this opening sentence.

And you did your job, F_T. Screw these shitheads.

Draft saved Draft deleted