1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did you watch Ole Miss-Mizzou?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HejiraHenry, Sep 12, 2006.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

No soup for you.

2. joe

joe Active Member

Hell, I don't even like soup.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You're probably right. Like I said, I didn't much attention to what channel it was on.

Oh, and how could I forget to say this the first time ... Muck Fizzou. ;D

4. joe

joe Active Member

You say it all the time.
    Back at ya: Kuck Fansas.

5. DeeCee

DeeCee New Member

FSN in Southeast Alabama

6. FSN in New England, too.
    (Ratings were, of course, through the roof!)

7. FSN in Big 12 Country. OLN picked up the CU-CSU game because hardly anyone had CSTV. OLN is going to play a Mountain West game every week, eventually when it changes to it's new name, Versus. The Mountain West didn't like playing on Thursday nights, when they had the entire country watching, so they took $89 million from CSTV so they can play on Saturdays.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

FSN here on the east coast too.

9. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

I have got to think that The Rules Of Golf wanted to watch this one, if only for a moment before his Rebels commenced to absorb the trouncing.

rb

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

FSN in my neck.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It was shown on Turner South in suburban Birmingham, but it carried the FSN graphics package. What makes it confusing is that Fox bought Turner South earlier this year (which is why Skip, Pete and the gang no longer do Braves games on TS). The network has shed a lot of its regional-flavor programing in favor of spillover stuff from FSN. It essentially has become FSN South 2, and I'd actually expect them to change it to that name in the next 12-18 months.

12. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I watched it in person too. I was sober, thought tired enough to be considered drunk. I had to work until 1 a.m. the night before, and instead of catching 3 hours of sleep, I played poker after work until I had to leave for Columbia in time to catch up with some friends before the game.

Then I left Columbia for KC and Sunday's eventual debacle. I know Ole Miss suck-ity-uckity-ucks, but that was an impressive performance from Mizzou, especially the 'D'. All the hype about this Schaeffer guy, and he looked rather pedestrian. I was impressed.

Draft saved Draft deleted