1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did you vote today?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I was about to take a break and go vote, but then I realized my polling station is in an elementary school with not enough parking, so I think I'm going to wait until the evening.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Voted this morning in California. Democrat here.

3. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Read the coverage on the BBC's website-probably better than almost anything here.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

So true . . . and an indictment, unto itself . ..

5. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

Just got back. I've been for Obama since I voted for him for Senator. But our district is predominently Republican and the winner of the Congressional primary will more than likely be the winner in November. With Obama leading big would my vote really matter to him?

Until I walked in, I didn't know which ballot to take. Ultimately, no other candidate in the 16 years I've been voting has inspired me like Obama has. So that's the way I went.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

So it's a positive when foreigners cover american politics?

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Set beside the bulk of U. S.-generated coverage, the BBC is a shining beacon.

8. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

But their gamers have too much play-by-play!

From the sixth graf on of their Super Bowl gamer:

<<< The Patriots were widely tipped to make it four Super Bowl wins in seven seasons, but quarterback Tom Brady was sacked five times.

The Giants began the game with a 10-minute period of offensive pressure which culminated in British-born kicker Lawrence Tynes slotting home a 32-yard field goal for a 3-0 lead.

Patriots running back Laurence Maroney gained 43 yards on the restart, and New England gradually turned the screw as the first quarter came to an end.

They took the lead on the first play of the second, with Maroney piling over for a touchdown from a yard out, and Stephen Gostkowski kicked the extra point to make it 7-3...... >>>

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Well played. But NFL great Rod Woodson was right with his pick.

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

For some reason our polls are only open from 4:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m., which kind of sucks. I wonder how many people will bother to vote in -44 degree weather anyway. Nothing like driving to the polls in ice fog!

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Are you sure those aren't caucusing points instead of primary polls?

12. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

We had touch screens for about more than five years, but they took them away because they couldn't be certified tamper-proof. Back to paper ballots. Thanks, Mr. Diebold!

Draft saved Draft deleted