1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did you vote today?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Feb 5, 2008.

1. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Voted this morning on the way in to work, was in and out in under five minutes. Georgia has had the computerized system since 2004 and I love it. And yes, I was required to show photo ID.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

No I didn't vote today because my state is one of those that apparantly doesn't matter (even though we have like the fifth or sixth most electoral votes) since our primary isn't until about Sept. 1st annually and by the time it gets here, well, we will not only know the nominees but they'll be close to naming their vice presidents and secretary's of state candidates........

Also, since I am a registered independent, well, i can't vote in them anyway......

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'm pretty sure you aren't required to show ID. But good on you for voting, anyway.

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

[​IMG]

Todd Stroger, left. John Daley, right.

And, FB, Lipinski has primary opposition, but I doubt he'll win. One trick his dad likes to do is draft a dummy candidate to split the "anybody but Lipinski" vote. There are three opponents in this primary.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I just find it very troubling that it's Super Fucking Tuesday for the presidency in the most interesting primary race of most of our lifetimes and when I turned on the TV a few minutes ago, what was all over CNN?

It's Britney Bitch...

What is the world coming to?

6. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Oh god, I am waiting for you to say that Darcy Tucker should be the Minister of Justice :-X :-X :-X

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Me too.

8. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I would if I could, especially since it would involve less time waiting for an elderly person to figure out the computer thingy.

9. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

If I voted today, I would somehow try to spoil my ballot because I am not moved by one single candidate.

However, I am Canadian...

10. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

I was reminded twice, actually, because yes, you do have to show ID in Georgia.

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I voted around noon. Electronic voting machines here, just walk in, close the curtain, push the button of the candidate I wanted, another button to cast the ballot and I left. We switched over to these machines a few years ago after having the old-fashioned pull a lever machine for years and years, but they were getting too expensive to keep the maintenance up on.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Draft saved Draft deleted