1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did you vote today?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Feb 5, 2008.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Voting is a very personal thing, though.

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Got a sticker: ho hum. A lollipop would have been better.

Really would like to have gotten a PULL MY LEVER t-shirt, though.

3. snuffy2

snuffy2 Member

We poll workers actually enjoy gasbags mouthing (predictably, just like you, loudly) about some perceived infraction because it is monotony-breaking entertainment. Because you are bright and precious and deserve an audience, you should have continued your rant over to the judges table and filed a protest form (even at the risk of the deflationary check of an 'incident' box that predescribed the infraction). You could have jammed up the works long enough for voters in the back of the line to start mumbling about slow,inept government bureaucrats. You might have continued your new career as voter fraud whistleblower to discover why the voter ID scare is a self inflated repub hot air nonissue. Start with a few common sense questions- why would a fraudster risk harsh penalties including prison, to influence elections with single vote infractions? This issue has been thoroughly researched and documented as being nonexistent http://www.tcf.org/list.asp?type=NC&pubid=1067 Mouthing strawissues early and often may be dishonest but as redface clones of real issues, are always entertaining.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Someone needs a lollipop.

5. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Well I'm glad I can make a boring day somewhat interesting.

You're welcome.

I never said there was voter fraud, I just wanted an answer. Maybe you silly insane ass clowns can pay more attention while working the polls.

And I still say ID check is important. I'll go out on a limb and say the idiots in front of me aren't even legal. Yes, I went there.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Oh, yes. You went there. Congratulations. You continue to do your parents proud.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I was once a Republican. It was largely from upbringing and being unimpressed with Democratic party leaders of my youth.

But soon after I became old enough to vote, I realized that being registered as a member of that party would associate me with dunces like NormMacLeanClone.

Dude, you are an asshole. You deserve your backwater lot in life.

8. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

I actually could have done this.

Since we moved 5 1/2 miles west last year, I had to re-register to vote. Naturally, I get nothing in the mail telling me where to vote, but my wife talks to a neighbor she works with, who tells her she's voting at the nearby high school.

So my daughter and I go over there last night on our way to dinner. I'm not on the roster, so they tell me to go over to this other gentleman and tell them "I"m not on the roster" whereupon, I'm handed this pink sheet to fill out. Then, I'm sent back to the original line and handed my ballot.

It's going to take more time writing this post than it did to vote: one Democratic primary selection, seven propositions and drive home safely.

After dinner, we return home. I check the mailbox... which has my new poll location -- a church 3 1/2 miles west of my house, in the middle of nowhere.

Yes, the thought of going Richard Daley entered my mind for a brief moment. Since I didn't vote early, at least I could have voted often. ;D

9. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Well, I could care less if my father is proud of me. Shit there's a gutter somewhere with his name on it as far as I'm concerned.

Draft saved Draft deleted