1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did you vote today?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Feb 5, 2008.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Coolest vote ever--touch screens! Anyone try these yet? Easiest thing ever. Everyone else waited in line for the traditional ballot punching...I went for the computers, I was out of there in two minutes. Slide in a card, ballot shows up on the screen, tap tap tap, have a nice day.

A little unsettling, though, no one asked for my ID or checked a signature. So I went back and voted seven more times.

I truly never thought I'd pass on the opportunity to vote for a woman for president. Really hit me hard. But couldn't do it....maybe in November.

2. If your vote actually counted, it would really be cool!

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

We have the touch screens. They're pretty cool, but I'm not sure the blue-hairs older individuals care for them. They always seem confused.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You voted for Huckabee didn't you? :D

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Ah, reminds of my days in Chicago when they would ask you how many ballots you needed....

I'm voting later. And I won't pass on the aforementioned opportunity. Today or in November.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Good old fashioned, curtain-pulling voting machines at the firehouse where I voted. I didn't fully make up my mind until the drive over, either.

I finally pulled the lever for Hillary despite my disdain for some of her DLC-inspired positions because I want my 15-year-old daughter to come of age in a country where women don't just dream that someday they can become president.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Three for Huckabee, two for Obama, and two for Ralph Nader for old times sake.

A tribute to my Daley Machine heritage.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Vote early, vote often.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Second in line, this morning.

Did what needed to be done.

It took longer to sign the book and the counterfoil than it did to vote.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

We don't vote for a few weeks here.

We still use the old "color in the dot" ballots. The first time I voted in this precinct a few years ago I tried to show the lady at the desk my driver's license and she got pissed at me.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

You know there, ma'am....I may not always agree with your views or those of your nearest and dearest, but I absolutely respect the power of your convictions based on this line. Well done.

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

My building is a voting center. So all I have to do is go down to the laundry room, sign in and do what has to be done.

No excuse not to vote.

Draft saved Draft deleted