1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Did you tell her I intend to kick his sorry mother f***ing ass...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Point of Order, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And for all that hoo-haahing, Saddam Hussein is still not fucking dead. He's been in custody two goddamn years, and George Wienerdick Bush has still not ordered a convenient black-ops dupe to slip into the prison, and plant an ice pick in Saddam Hussein's neck. You do that, and within two weeks, 80% of the 'insurgency' folds up its tents and goes home, and WE can pack up our shit and go home, too.

Talk about fucking worthless as tits on a warthog. What are you afraid of, breaking the fucking law?? :D :D :D :D :D

2. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Star, if you believe the insurgency in Iraq has anything to do with Saddam, you need to read a little more about it. And I say that with absolutely no condescension whatsoever. I had absolutely no idea what was happening over there until I made an effort to figure it out. Who's fighting, why they're fighting and what's really going down is some interesting shit. There are several good books out there that cover it and I believe it was Time that did a long piece on the situation a few months back.

Bottom line: This shit has nothing to do with Saddam. He dies today, they don't even pause before setting off the next car bomb.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

A not insubstantial part of the insurgency, probably the biggest single common motivation, is dyed-in-the-wool Saddam loyalists who dream of the day Saddam walks out of the filthy prison, out of the courtroom, into a gold-plated Cadillac, and then parades down Baghdad's main streets and drops him off at the imperial palace to return to power in glory.

Once somebody plants an ice pick in Saddam's neck, that possibility (actually, right now a very real possibility) evaporates, and that whole bunch can go home. And so can we. And after we do, all sorts of hell will break loose, and at this point, who gives a fuck.

4. "I'm" going to kick his ass?
    2600 Americans -- none of whom are related to him -- would disagree if they were still alive to do so.
    Grown-ups in charge?

5. 3Bags --
    Am I reading the quote correctly? Don't the authors attriibute this to Powell himself in an interview? Did they make up the quote? Clarify, pls.

Draft saved Draft deleted