1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did you get your stimulus check yet?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DemoChristian, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[​IMG]

So, so good of Bush and this government. I MEAN, DO THESE PEOPLE CARE OR WHAT?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Are we all buying rice with our checks?

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

I probably won't see mine until June, which is OK since it goes to the Vegas in September fund.
    Hell, if I leave it in the bank for 3 months I might actually get a dollar or two in interest.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Serious question: if this was President Kerry or President Gore or President Obama or a President Clinton of your choosing that was giving out the stimulus package, would those of you who have actively said you don't want to stimulate the economy still say that? (disclaimer -- I'm not talking about people who would save the money anyway, but those who aren't going to spend it as a fuck you to Bush and the GOP)

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'll spend mine...in Seattle. Shots every night!

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Meat, I doubt anyone is going to not spend it as a "fuck you" to the fucking Moron in Chief.
    My point all alog is that this is not an economic stimulus it is afucking government/political bribe. It will do next to nothing to stimulate the economy.
    If the fucking Moron in Chief wants to do something about the economy, how about looking into why gas prices are at an all-time while Shell et al are reporting record profits.
    The oil companies are using the high price of crude as an added excuse to further gouge us at the pump and the fucking Moron in Chief blithely ignores it and sends us all a few hundred bucks to make us feel better.

It's got nothing to do with whether it's Bush, Kerry, Gore or Abraham fucking Lincoln.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

In other threads on the topic I've heard "I'm not going to stimulate this economy, fucking Bush." Me, I'm utilitarian. $600>0. Granted, when you were my age, $600 bought you the Oklahoma Territory, but that's neither here nor there.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

The gratutious "old" comment (it certainly wasn't a joke) proves what an asshole you can be.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Total effect of Bush administration stimulation package: One good quarter for Best Buy, then back in the tank until the recession is over.

To MM's point, the economic behavior the federal government should be trying to incent is personal debt reduction. It doesn't end with housing.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Recession, Cran? What recession? The fucking Moron in Chief told us there is no recession.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I would like to see ONE bit of proof that he's a moron. An IQ test? A psychiatrist's word?

Until then it's all just hearsay. And shame on you for implying otherwise.

(cuts, don't it?)

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

How about a chronological list of his actions over an extended (say eight years) period of time?

Draft saved Draft deleted