1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did you get your stimulus check yet?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DemoChristian, Apr 28, 2008.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

i will probably get mine late may/early june. last two are 52.

2. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Mine was direct deposited earlier today -- my last two are in the teens.

I've already transferred it into a savings account and it's rolling up interest as we speak. As discussed on another thread, clearly I must hate America for not spending it.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I didn't catch her name; it's not like we're freaking married.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Based on owing money and needing to make estimated payments I'll have to wait until June for the stimulus check. Then it will go right back to the feds to cover that quarter's estimated payments while the rest of it goes toward the estimated payment on state taxes.

5. And then, ESJ will go to the Stone Pony and try to forget any of it happened.

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I wish it was that easy. Some home maintenance projects, estimated tax payments and a baby coming in November will limit my trips to the Pony and other concerts for that matter.

7. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

fixed ;)

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

My social security ends with a 95. I got my tax refund on an H&R Block gift card. Now I have to wait until July to get my check in the mail.

9. My money was deposited this morning.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

WHY ARE YOU LETTING THE TERRORISTS WIN!!!??!?!?!??!

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Unless IRS sends me an e-mail specifically telling me they deposited it to my account . . . I won't even notice its arrival.

12. For poor college kids who work full-time but still have to live at home and were claimed on their mother's tax return, they get nothing. The student gets nothing, and the parent gets nothing for claiming that dependent since said dependent is over the age of 17.

Yay for me. I get nothing.

Draft saved Draft deleted