1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Willie Mays Snub Josh Hamilton?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Great line.

This is not a snub. It's an old man trying to figure out when they started allowing Japanese guys to play the game or asking who stole Tony Gwynn's neck.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

i'm the one who posted the question on the other thread. basically asked if it was a snub or just willie being totally out of it. it happens with some old folks.

he seemed better last night on COSTAS NOW, though not much.

3. Grimace

Grimace Guest

So, to answer your question: no.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

If we used your standard here there would be about 3 threads.

5. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

I think Willie's just oblivious. He probably doesn't even know Hamilton's back story.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think George Theodore finished the conversation with Hamilton.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

quality

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I met Mays at a card show when I was a kid and paid, $5 or so for his autograph. He was very cordial, talked to the kids and had a nice, clean autograph.

I went to a show where he was a couple years ago and his signature was merely a wave of his wrist that barely even resembles a W. He looked near death then.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I do think Honus Wagner snubbed Dan Uggla.

10. Stone Cane

Stone Cane Member

The Stork.

11. I was at the game - thought the same thing and then saw that afterward while others were being introduced, Mays engaged in an animated discussion with Hamilton. It was a little while after, but definitely looked like a pleasant conversation. I know that is a leap to guess that, especially with Mays rep, but it looked like it just took him a while to realize Hamilton was even there.

12. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

Agreed. That must have been what fucked Uggla up so badly during the game.

Draft saved Draft deleted