1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did THey Really Just Say That on ESPN?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Just_An_SID, Jan 21, 2007.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

TTIWWOP

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

uh.......I hope you're talking about Cindy, and not Fran.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Or, for that matter, Buddy.

4. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Cindy was looking a little weathered during the show. I guess that's why she did Playboy a couple of months ago. She is starting to lose her "youthful" looks so she needed something to perk her career up.

I guess naked photos of the "most downloaded person in the world" will get you a gig on Full Tilt Poker.

5. EE94

EE94 Guest

I think after 50 years you are allowed to chuckle at that one

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm not offended by that kind of stuff. It just surprised me.

7. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Per FireJoeMorgan.com, there's apparently a statue of Buddy Holly near the TTech arena. So Fran Fraschilla just meant that Tech (though on FJM, they say Kansas) was stationary. Y'know, like a statue.

Just throwing that out there.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

They showed several shots of the Buddy Holly statue during the commercial bumpers.
    You're probably right. I'm sure he wasn't saying that Tech was crashing and burning.

9. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Very weathered. To borrow from another thread, I wouldn't have wanted to see her face in HD with all that makeup on it.

10. EE94

EE94 Guest

I'm not sure you can interpret "Buddy Holly in an ice storm" as anything other than a reference to his dying in a plane crash that occurred during an ice storm.
    Sounds a little apologetic to think it is referring to the statue.
    I'm not exercised about it, but sometimes those references emerge from one's mouth before the internal censor has the opportunity to snip.

Draft saved Draft deleted