1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did shayne Graham Miss the game winning FG?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RedNGold52, Oct 5, 2009.

1. RedNGold52

RedNGold52 New Member

I watched the kick atleast 10 times and he missed the FG. They didn't even review it. If you watch closely the football disappears behind the upright.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

i thought the same thing based on the one angle they show on sportscenter. looks like he pushed it right.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

No, but Rich Karlis did.

4. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Don't ask Rich Gannon.

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Pretty sure field goals aren't reviewable.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Not unless they bounce off the neck of the goal post

7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

It was good. Looked odd from the back angle, I admit. But that's just because it was a very high kick. It was between the uprights when it crossed, hooked behind after...

8. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Haha. Awesome.

9. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I believe you are referring to the Browns FG against the Ravens last year. IIRC, that wasn't actually reviewed on the monitor, the referee just conferred with the two officials standing below the goalposts. The officials admitted the ball broke the plane of the crossbar before bouncing back, and they mistakenly thought that meant it was no good. The referee corrected them on that and ruled the FG good.

10. Colton

Colton Active Member

*sigh*...

11. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

But the NFL has subsequently made a new rule making field goals reviewable. The field goal cited above would be reviewable now. However, I don't think it covers all the circumstances. I think those that go higher than the uprights can't be reviewed.

12. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

I thought he missed it live. I never saw a good replay.

Draft saved Draft deleted