1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Shaq dishonor the game?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by chigurdaddy, Feb 16, 2009.

1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Can Coach confirm reassign?

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

David Stern isn't an idiot. When he took over he realized people wouldn't pay ungodly amounts of money just to see 10 guys run up and down a court with a ball. But they'll fork it over in wheelbarrows if you throw in dance teams, mascots, fireworks, sound effects, laser shows, spotlights, costumes and loud music.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Outing Alert, The NBA = KISS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Shaq disrespected the game in his final two years in LA. First, when the threepeat had the whole team hitting the weight room and the gym floor looking for a four-peat, and he failed to have his toe surgery until training camp started. Then he spent the following season's exhibitions telling Jerry Buss to "pay me!" when his fat ass was clearly in decline brought on by the dastardly combination of laziness and age.

(I love that someone called him a "role model" earlier. For staying out of jail, sure. For hard work . . . HA!)

Sunday, he danced like a big dork, appropriate for an All-Star game. No big deal.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

WTF was that!? I dug it, but WTF was it? Is that some sort of new, reverse-minstrel, quasi Phantom-come-Blue Man Group?

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

It's the winning (I think) crew from the America's Best Dance Crew. Stunningly good.

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

What I want to know after watching it again: why did the Youtube poster cut it off before "Rumpshaker"?

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He shoulda come with this:

and this:

why not?

:D :D

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JabbaWockeeZ

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

It's the NBA. By definition, it doesn't have enough honor to lose in the first place.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

One of these years, a key player is going to get seriously hurt during the dunk contest, the game or maybe just dancing during the pre-game warmups. Then we will get the predictable, NBA needs to go back to basics columns from the clattering class.

12. lono

lono Active Member

Dishonor the game? Maybe he should be T'd up.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted