1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Shaq dishonor the game?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by chigurdaddy, Feb 16, 2009.

1. chigurdaddy

chigurdaddy Guest

I'm not saying he did, and I actually enjoyed the intro. I'm sure the whole routine was approved by the NBA, and that's not really my point. Just wondering if the line between sports and entertainment exists at all. If it doesn't, does that matter?

2. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

You're finding fault with Shaq's choreographed entrance at an all-star game - the same event where Chris Paul introduced John Legend and pushed the NBA Cares initiative?

If so, there's no difference between Shaq pre-planning a dance and, say, Joe Horn planting a cell phone next to the goal post.

3. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

What was the intro for those of us who didn't watch the All-Star Game?

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

How can you dishonor the NBA All-Star Game? It's supposed to be fun. It doesn't mean anything. It's a bunch of righ guys playing a pickup game on TV and enjoying themselves.

What the fuck is your problem?

5. Just be happy no one got shot.

6. Jeremy Goodwin

One could argue that he would dishonor the game by not being entertaining.

7. Pendleton

Pendleton Member

AP's dishonoring the game by not sending a boxscore.

8. Pendleton

Pendleton Member

Just moved. 12:29 a.m. Nice work, folks.

9. Jeremy Goodwin

I bet the agt desk was reading this thread.

10. Dishonor the game?! That was the best part of the game!

11. CBot

CBot New Member

He pop-and-locked with the Jabbawockeez dance crew. White mask and all. I enjoyed it as well.

http://therapup.uproxx.com/2009/02/shaqawockeez.html

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I already posted what I thought of the intros, but I'll say this - the guy handling the PA was about one-quarter as ridiculous as most of the guys you find behind the mike during the NBA regular season.
    After the BS that has already gone down over the weekend (GEICO?), Shaq's dancing didn't dishonor "the game." If it can survive Donaghy, Artest's meltdown in Motown, Sprewell's choke, the curious officiating in the playoffs - it can handle Shaq.

Draft saved Draft deleted