1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Richard Sherman's Antics Disgust You??

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 3_Octave_Fart, Jan 20, 2014.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

You and I perceive entertainment differently.

2. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

Watching this as a former reporter was a lot of fun.

Yes, Richard Sherman made a great play to seal the victory. But he didn't make the interception, and Russell Wilson is the face of that franchise. So Erin could have interviewed another player immediately after the game and went straight to Mr. Sherman.

She knows Sherman from her college football days, so she probably knew what she was going to get there. I don't know how much thought Erin and/or the Fox producers put into it, but I thought it was pretty smart to chase after Sherman for a quote.

Russell Wilson would have thanked God, his teammates and the fans, and that would have been extremely boring.

It was great to see an athlete do something that their public relations flacks would cringe at. I had no problems with anything he did.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Sherman has the better excuse for being caught up in the moment after he saved the day and helped his team to the Super Bowl. He still acted like an asshole, but it wasn't like he did anything that bad.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a problem with the blatant disrespect of his opponent? Is that how we teach our sons to act in victory?

It seems like we're so needy for good copy that we'll condone almost anything.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I guess Big Pappi is a goon and a thug for saying "fuck" before a game even started.

6. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

It's spelled Papi, and I'm not even sure how this could be related.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

There's probably some truth to that, but I don't exactly doubt that Crabtree was talking shit. No positions on the football field talk more shit than DBs and receivers.

My question, and there's no way to know for sure, but was this something Sherman did intentionally or did he just get wrapped up in the moment?

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It was first down, so the 49ers would have had a couple more chances if the pass wasn't intercepted, but would the receiver have been able to come down inbounds with the ball if the play wasn't broken up?

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I hope some of the people last night didn't miss the fainting couch. Or snapped their necklaces when they clutched their pearls.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

OK about a possible Sherman-Crabtree backstory ...

Sherman has been upset with Crabtree since last summer. Both attended Arizona star receiver Larry Fitzgerald’s charity event. While there, Sherman went to shake Crabtree’s hand, and Crabtree tried to start a fight, according to Sherman’s older brother, Branton.

“I’m going to make a play and embarrass him,” Richard Sherman vowed that day.

http://seattletimes.com/html/jerrybrewer/2022711709_brewercolumnseahawks20xml.html

Did it happen? Or did it just happen in Richard Sherman's head? Either way, there's the answer for why Sunday happened.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

It is the most ridiculous overreaction I've seen.
    Remarkable for this era of moral outrage.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I just think setting it up as an either-or between Tiger Woods and Richard Sherman is inaccurate.

Draft saved Draft deleted