1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Richard Sherman's Antics Disgust You??

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 3_Octave_Fart, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Hey, look at what all the racists say:

http://deadspin.com/dumb-people-say-stupid-racist-shit-about-richard-sherm-1504843629

It's pretty sick. ... It's very douche, actually.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Shoot, now I'm confused. As a Raider fan - hating both teams is in my DNA, but knowing racists would feel further emasculated by a Seahawk win? that the Aryan Brotherhood and Jersey Shore have hitched their wagons to Team Payton, I think I'm hoping Sherman takes a Manning pass back for six and does a detour through BedStuy to throw a garbage can through the window of Sal's Pizza.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I think he definitely sounded uppity.

::) ::)

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He came off like a moron, but a funny moron. I think it reminded a lot of people of WWE grandstanding. I don't think race has much to do with it.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It was great TV.

And he sounded fine in the post game at the table.

6. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I'm with the others who have a bigger problem with what he did immediately after the interception. I would say act like you've been there before, but he has no idea what that's like. And with any hope, he'll never learn.

You can represent yourself and your employer in any fashion you please. And people have the right to judge you for it.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Did it disgust me? God no...

Sherman is an incredibly smart person who is entertaining as hell to root against. Did I think he acted like a bit of an asshole? Sure, but it made me laugh right after my team had just lost, and it will help me root for the Broncos in the Super Bowl.

8. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I didn't spend enough time on it to be disgusted. I heard it, looked up, thought to myself "idiot" and went back to what I was doing. I could't understand half of it, anyway.

9. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

This clip kept running through my head as I logged onto social media sites last night:

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

That's quite likely the best interview Erin Andrews has ever done.

This is what you get when you do on-field interviews live. You catch people in the heat of the moment. Somewhere along the line, the TV establishment decided that's what its viewers want. What better way to know the athletes the public adores than to catch them raw? Richard Sherman is who he is and frankly he owes no apologies.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

This. We expect these guys to be amped up, high-intensity warriors for three solid hours without let up, then expect them to be Tiger Woods immediately after.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Well, perhaps we expect it because the classiest players (Hi, Peyton!) are able to, you know, stay classy.

Nobody says Sherman should have been Tiger Woods. But at least sound happy, not angry. Too much to ask?

Draft saved Draft deleted