1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Parker slander MSU quarterback?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by slappy4428, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Exactly !

2. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Yeah, the need to make that distinction here threw me, too. We've been talking all along about something said, right?

Maybe papers ought to re-think their eagerness to get their people on radio and TV as some sort of cross-promotion thing. Never mind that those folks often cut corners on the day job to fulfill their electronic gigs or that they give away the store to audiences that never bother with the paper anyway. At least in print those folks have editors saving their dumb asses from this stuff. In radio and TV, wham!, it's out there.

Didn't prompt the Boston Globe to change its stance after Bob Ryan's droll remark about Joumana Kidd, and won't prompt the Detroit's lily-livers to stand tall now either.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, most papers would rather deal with the occasional on-air fuckup by a columnist than lose any free advertising/cross-promotion.

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I have enjoyed Parker's columns on baseball, but Rob... wow. This incident blows.

I have covered Kirk in the past and let's just say he's the farthest person from the kind at MSU that would start a fight like this.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

These may be the truest words ever posted here.

Draft saved Draft deleted