1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Morgan Spurlock find Osama bin Laden?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LiveStrong, Dec 5, 2007.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

It's an iconoclast's eternal statement of disdain for the blue font.

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Well, you're right about the asshole who wants us dead part. However, saying that he wants us dead because of our economic freedoms has to be one of the most fantastically ignorant things I've read on the board in a while.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

Well, I should have said that's a part of it.

4. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Bin Laden's one of the most degenerate monsters ever to crawl, but he's not disingenuous. He is who he says he is. He wants an alliance of theocratic Sunni states, enforcing his brand of Islam, stretching from Indonesia to Morocco.

He hates the US because of the political and economic power that we have in the Middle East and the way that we've used that power. He's not at war with capitalism.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

He's at war with capitalism, Christianity, and basically anything that's different of his way of thinking. To me, he's no different than Hitler.
    Agree with me 100% or I will exterminate you.

6. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

The only way I'm watching is if Rockapella does the theme song.

7. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

"If the president is so serious about the war on terror, why doesn’t he hunt down and capture Barack Obama before he strikes again?"

-Jenna Maroney [30 Rock - "Hard Ball"]

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

He uses wealth because, well, we are wealthy. It reminds those that support him or on the fence about supporting him that our wealth is keeping them from being wealthy.

I am not saying that our wealth is the cause of their problems however because we do fuss around and dig a hand into the politics of the region, it is easy for someone like Bin Laden to make the argument.

Besides, wealth is such a base argument. It brings up thoughts on jealousy. It focuses on the haves and the have nots. It takes the focus off of the religious leaders that use that power to keep their own power.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

In this movie, Spurlock will spend many weeks in the scorching desert sun, then reveal that doing so likely gives you a sunburn.

10. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Not a soul on this board would skip this movie if, in fact, Spurlock actually found bin Laden. But maybe found isn't the best word. If bin Laden knew some far-left dude dead set against the war was trying to show the ignorance of the U.S. government, I'm sure he'd come running. And there are ways for him to do so as safely as he does anything else. My guess, though, is that he'll fall short of actually having film of bin Laden. Instead, he'll probably point up a mountain or toward a building and proclaim that all evidence points to the guy being there.

11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Let's see ... show comes out in February, won't hit its finale for probably two months. Bin Liden has approximately 120 moving days left.

Better get on the stick.

12. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

Awesome.

Draft saved Draft deleted