1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Morgan Spurlock find Osama bin Laden?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LiveStrong, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Ding. Ding. Ding.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Maybe we should send someone who COULD find him...like the U.S. Governme-- oops. Sorry.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

A line from the opening moments of Spurlock's movie (his voice):

"Osama Bin Laden is what we thought he was."

4. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

If you had said he couldn't find his own crank, that would have sold it better.

But yeah, why would anybody really believe Spurlock has found Bin Laden. If he went into some of those villages, wouldn't he be more likely to be killed, especially if they found out he was looking for OBL.

5. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Page and a half, nearly, and no one says, "Great viral marketing. The internet is an idiot, and Spurlock has a genius publicist."?

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Osama was fired from a McDonald's in Riyadh in September 2001.

He wanted to be famous.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

OBL is at the Four Seasons in Bahrain registered as Prince Abalaba Abadaba

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Spurlock’s movie is titled, “Where in the world is Bin Laden?”
    I have no doubt that Spurlock answered this question. However, it isn’t going to be the obvious “He’s at 455 Mohammed Drive, Islamabad.” The answer is going to be the metaphysical answer of “In the hearts and minds of these poor Muslims over here.”

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Abadaba...you my only friend.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

It always amazed me that the same asshole who wants all of us in the West dead because of our economic freedoms comes from one of the richest families in Saudi Arabia.

11. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

He doesn't want us dead because of "economic freedoms." Parsing it to a simple comment like that, one which has no real basis, is very poor.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

Ok, then why does he keep using the phrase "wealth" when talking about the West?
    I wish you'd stop the blue font, Pastor, I have no idea when you're serious or not.

Draft saved Draft deleted