1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Morgan Spurlock find Osama bin Laden?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LiveStrong, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Tough gig.

2. I'm surprised to see so many disbelievers. I think it's entirely plausible.

For one, Spurlock has a camera and an audience
    two, bin laden can be found if he wants to be
    three, it's an opportunity for bin laden to make our government look stupid. (Again)
    four, it's kind of hard to find him when we're "looking" in Iraq

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Hillary Clinton: "How tough can it be? He's the tallest guy over there."

4. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Rumor has it that he just bumped into him in a smoke-filled greasy spoon popular among truckers. Apparently, Osama pours $50 a day into the Death To America pinball machine. Then he eats a ham steak with two cloudy-side-up eggs. Forever the pessimist.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Five minutes talking to Michael Moore and OBL would kill himself, virgins be damned

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

You *know* Osama knows the slide-your-hand-under-the-door trick.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

A super-size Coke ... WITH ICE CUBES!

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I won't discount the story, but I am certainly skeptical. And while I understand your reasoning about Spurlock's camera and audience, I think it's flawed for two reasons -- OBL has never had a problem finding a camera to disperse his message when he wants and America isn't the audience he's trying to reach.

He doesn't need Spurlock in any way, shape or form and I'm definitely skeptical that he would have found OBL, been allowed to live, and then managed to keep it secret long enough to edit a documentary and sell it to the Weinsteins before news got out.

And, frankly, if he did do all that, then he's a piece of shit for making the cash grab instead of informing the government of everything he knew about OBL's location (I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that they at least put a hood on his head), how he found him and anything else they needed to know to capture him. Seriously, if this were true, and he didn't have the gov. keeping tabs on him the whole way through so that they could nail OBL ... man ... that would be bad.

9. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

There's a Douglas Feith joke here, but I just can't pinpoint it. Too tired.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

In the past, Morgan Spurlock has spent 30 days working a minimum wage job, living in prison and living with a gay person. Now, he'll spend a month as the world's most hated terrorist. It's 30 Days: My Month As Bin Laden, premering January on FX.

11. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Morgan Spurlock presents The Day the Clown Cried?

12. Fixed.

Draft saved Draft deleted