1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did MLB Make A Mistake By Putting A Team In DC?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The Lerners aren't paying rent and are alienating the city with obscene prices and a horseshit team that is totally uninspiring. No one goes to the game unless they're there to see the other team. Their TV ratings are horseshit. And now look at who is, errr, isn't listening! Fucking anyone!

Then there's this article....

So in hindsight, did MLB fuck up?
  2. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Moddy is NOT going to approve of this!
  3. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

Moddy's going to shit a brick.
  4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Moddy is my boy, and it's a travesty we haven't caught a game together this year yet.
  5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Active Member

Moving to DC was not a mistake. Harder for other franchises to hold their cities hostage.

Wrong damn owners, though.
  6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Nationals have good pitching in the low minors that could bear fruit. Patience.
  7. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

What did that fucker Headbutt say? I'll be right back. Paul, take over.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Well, when was the last time Washington saw a winning baseball team? The originals move, then make the World Series in 66(?) and have won two more since.

The second franchise was an expansion team along with the Angels. The Angels were contending three or four years later. These Senators moved to Texas.

And now you have the relocate Expos, stripped to the bare bones because of economics and without an owner. And in Washington, they're still not any good.

Yeah, if I were living in Washington, I wouldn't care, either. I'd probably still be a fan of whatever team I followed before they moved there.

Washington had failed twice. Why did it deserve another chance? Was it just because there isn't any other place MLB can go? Seriously, if a team threatened to move today, I'm sure the response would be "Move to where? There's no place left to go."
  9. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I went to Nats park this summer with my brother, and we had a good time. It's a solid park, but the tickets seemed too expensive for such a shitty team. Beer and food prices seemed reasonable, if I remember correctly.
  10. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

It was a big gamble, and they knew it. But they were that hellbent on getting out of Montreal.
  11. Montreal got screwed in this whole deal. It isn't a bad baseball city, but they aren't slaves to it.
  12. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Moddy will not be pleased.

FH, would you like me to send you to your room?

For your own safety? ;)
Draft saved Draft deleted