1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Mitt Romney assault a prep school classmate?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Azrael, May 10, 2012.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The Washington Post thinks so.

www.washingtonpost.com/politics/mitt-romneys-prep-school-classmates-recall-pranks-but-also-troubling-incidents/2012/05/10/gIQA3WOKFU_story.html

A few days later, Friedemann entered Stevens Hall off the school’s collegiate quad to find Romney marching out of his own room ahead of a prep school posse shouting about their plan to cut Lauber’s hair. Friedemann followed them to a nearby room where they came upon Lauber, tackled him and pinned him to the ground. As Lauber, his eyes filling with tears, screamed for help, Romney repeatedly clipped his hair with a pair of scissors.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You could not pay me enough to put my family through what is about to happen to two men (four, really) for the next six months.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Who gives a fuck about what he did in 1965?

Oh that's right, it is an election year and this is the part where the Washington Post, New York Times, Boston Globe and the rest of the liberal elitist Northeast rags all write "objective" stories like this which magically drum up some old dirt on the Republican Candidate.

And I say this as someone who wouldn't vote for Romney if you paid me.

4. Dick Whitman

Remember Whitewater and George H.W. Bush?

5. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

Oh, my.

That's some awful timing for Romney.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Yes, it is awful that in 1965 - a full 47 years before he is running for president - that Romney may have gotten into a fight.....

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Do you know what that sound is, Highness? Those are the shrieking eels! If you don't believe me, just wait. They always grow louder when we're about to hold an election. If you log off SportsJournalists.com now, I promise no harm will come to you ... I doubt you'll get such an offer from the eels.

Zag, pictured here, in his natural environment.
    [​IMG]

"Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeh! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Was this an Amish prep school?

9. Does it make him less of a worthy candidate? No.

Does it speak to concerns many voters express about his sense of entitlement and privilege, and his inability to connect with people in general? Yes.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Guy did dumbass things as a kid?!?! Stunning!

11. Dick Whitman

It surprises me that somebody with the ego to possibly become president some day would have been an Alpha Male type as an adolescent - and not had the maturity to direct that properly at that point.

Seriously, people.

12. Dick Whitman

That said ... much like Ann Romney's $1,000 shirt, of course you keep exploiting this stuff if you're the Obama campaign. One of the biggest criticisms against Obama in the last election was that he was a pointy-headed egghead Columbia-Harvard-UChicago elitist. Totally neutralized in this election.

Draft saved Draft deleted