1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Joseph from the Bible build the pyramids to store grain in?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 5, 2015.

1. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Yeah, Sanders totally would have a shot.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

There are many hierarchical denominations, Dick.

3. JohnHammond

Every church is hierarchical.

4. SpeedTchr

Not in the sense that they have business-like structures. Non-denoms typically are not part of any wider structure, i.e. no district, conference, etc.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Not really. In addition to non-denominational churches (mentioned above), Church of Christ and Baptists are pretty hardcore about all real power being at the local church level. As someone who has gone to a Methodist church the last couple of years after being a Southern Baptist lifer, church polity is still one of the most jarring concepts to wrap my head around.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Wait a second. I thought I was told in a thread a few weeks back that Christian's don't actually believe the universe was created in 6 days + a day off for God to catch his breath? I wish you Bible people would make up your minds.

7. JohnHammond

You don't want to be schooled here, bro.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Which Joseph from the bible built the pyramids? The one in the Broadway show with the flashy coat or Jesus' dad? He was a carpenter. Not sure how good he was on masonry.

9. SpeedTchr

J.O. Arimathea, IIRC

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

No, you were told that a 6-day Creation isn't a fundamental element of Christianity. You need to keep your snarks straight.

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that what we are now seeing are not our usual Bernie Sanders and Ben Carson. When the Flash defeats Zoom, these versions of Sanders and Carson will return to Earth 2 and we'll get a liberal youngish black guy and an old conservative white guy in return. The normal balance will be restored.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

So, you're disagreeing with Dr. Carson on this?

Draft saved Draft deleted