1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Joseph from the Bible build the pyramids to store grain in?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 5, 2015.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Doesn't he get that people want a president who knows how to spell the word "stab?"

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Joseph's grain silo is not a statement one makes to pander to a low-witted political base, it takes someone who truly believes outlandish nonsense to come up with that one.

And folks need to get past this notion that human intelligence works on some simplistic linear scale. That's not really how it works. Different parts of the brain govern different functions, and a person who's brilliant in activities governed by one area can be blindingly stupid in others. Ben Carson being a greatly-skilled surgeon does not mean he knows a damn thing about anything else. And lord knows he's said enough whackadoodle shit now to conclude that--at least when it comes to the parts of the brain that process ideas, public policy and how the real world works--he often does indeed appear to be pretty damn stupid.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I used to think he knows what stupid people want to hear. But now I think he believes these things, with all his heart.

6. Dick Whitman

I think you're 100 percent correct. I'm just having trouble understanding how someone who went to medical school and has an advanced understanding of how the brain works would not develop more of a respect for science, generally. By osmosis, at least.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Thing is, Bernie and Hillary are on the same page on most things (at the moment at least).

Bernie's problem is how he packages and presents his ideas. If you don't trust Hillary, Bernie certainly is a viable alternative.

But telling the truth and sticking with your ideals (such as not taking SuperPAC money) doesn't seem like the easiest way to get elected.

8. Dick Whitman

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I don't think money is the issue. If the Democrats were out of the White House, Sanders would probably beat Clinton. But a majority of Democrats appear to believe that to pick Sanders is in some way to repudiate Obama, which they don't want to do.

As for the pyramids, on any given issue the ignorance of the American people is boundless. They have a pretty good handle on their personal economic situations, but that's about it.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

He originally made the pyramid comments at a commencement speech in 1998. So, yeah, he believes it.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Wouldn't the pyramids as grain storage be an inefficient big government solution that conservatives should be decrying? Or did Pharaoh make the Mexicans pay for those too?

KVV33 and Donny in his element like this.
  12. Dick Whitman

I suspect that the pyramids theory is far from the most wackadoo one that Carson holds. He's a fundamentalist Christian, and he believes that every word in the Bible is literally true, as do a significant percentage of Americans, perhaps a majority.

Draft saved Draft deleted