1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Joseph from the Bible build the pyramids to store grain in?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If there were 15 other people running for the Democratic nomination, Sanders would have a great chance. His roughly 25-33 percent of the party base is solid. Unfortunately for him, he's only running against one candidate.
    PS: I wouldn't be so sure Rubio gets the nomination. He was Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives, ergo, he had to be crooked as cat shit. Jeb, who was there, ought to know, and desperate Bushes pull out all the stops.

2. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

3. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Ben Carson's 15 minutes are about up. Nice guy, but he has no ideas, and the GOP is starting to see through him. Of the road show that is the Republican field, the only ones who don't come across as completely batshit crazy are Rubio and Kasich, but they haven't been able to gain any traction. Which is a damn shame, because the White House is there for the taking in 2016, if they can settle on a candidate that actually makes some sense. Nobody I know trusts Hillary and Bernie is a amusing sideshow. But the longer this goes on with the Terrific Trio (Carson, Trump & Cruz) leading the charge, the more I believe Clinton will win by default.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

This comes close to echoing my view. Although I might dispute that Carson has "no" ideas, he does have some, just not ones that are ...you know ..reasonable and sane.

My observation has been that Kasich is probably the best of the Republican bunch, or at least the one who'd likely make the best president in the real world. But appears Republican voters don't want a boring actually-qualified real world guy, instead they want the hard right circus show. And thus Hillary will end up winning this thing by default.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

There is no concievable way the "White House is there for the taking" for anyone with an (R) beside their name.

The nation's demographics rule them out. If you don't believe me, you're not paying attention to what America has become.

SFIND likes this.
  7. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Bad news for an anti-Muslim such as yourself.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

No more so than any modern building.
    They were tombs for a people who believed you took your worldly possessions -- including loved ones -- with you into the afterlife. They were also engineered to trap and deter grave robbers with false passages and dummy rooms. So they're solid enough to have stood for thousands of years, but there's a lot of passages and chambers inside.

9. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Rubio is the most logical candidate because - at this point - he offers the GOP the best chance of winning Florida. Kasich is the most logical VP candidate because he's strong in Ohio. Electoral vote-wise, they're the smartest ticket.

Sure, the Dems stilll pull out a squeaker if they hold Virginia and their other states from 2012 (279 to 259). But man, they run the table if Carson ever managed to get the nomination. Hillary isn't the best campaigner around (whatever version of herself she'd peddling these days, Hilary 12.0? 15.1?) but she can do the competence act real well. She'll eat him alive.

Stoney likes this.
  10. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Ben Carson is one step away from re-enacting Patton Oswalt's Lucky Charms conspiracy theory.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

What do you want to hear? #tooeasy

YankeeFan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted