1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Joseph from the Bible build the pyramids to store grain in?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Correct. That's the best part.

2. Dick Whitman

Someone was lambasted on here for saying that he's a highly skilled technician, but it's the truth. Ben Carson is not a research scientist. He's not a PhD. He's a surgeon. At some point on here, a few years ago, someone challenged the idea that doctors need to buy into the theory of evolution. I argued that they did. I was wrong. They don't. They're technicians.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Surgeons certainly believe in God. Usually they believe they are God, though.

BTExpress and YankeeFan like this.
  4. KVV33

KVV33 Member

It's possible that Ben Carson is essentially just a eccentric car mechanic, but on people.

"Well m'am, it appears that your carburetor corpus callosum is showing some wear."

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Do the best surgeons smoke? Because somehow it always seems like the best mechanics have their lips wrapped around a cigarette despite being coated with a near-permanent film of flammable material.

6. Dick Whitman

There is no way that Carson's statement about the pyramids, which is utter lunacy, will cost him a red cent in the presidential polling. He's where Trump was a few weeks ago. He can do no wrong. The nuttier he is, the more people like him. He's "telling it like it is."

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Does he know the Egyptians wrote down why they built the pyramids, often right there on the pyramids themselves?

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

9. Dick Whitman

Of course someone trying to cover up the fact that the pyramids were built as grain silos by the Biblical Joseph would have you believe that.

10. KVV33

KVV33 Member

You should read this piece, which does a good job of explaining why none of the wackadoos will ever get the nomination, even if they do seem to speak for a lot of the people currently being polled (which is different than people likely to vote, or even a majority of Americans or a majority of Republicans).

The GOP’s Primary Rules Might Doom Carson, Cruz And Trump

11. Dick Whitman

I'll take a look at that. I certainly don't really believe any of them are going to win the nomination - it's going to be Marco Rubio.

That said, this has been an absolutely fascinating anthropological experiment.

12. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I don't know that Carson's shtick is any nuttier than Feel the Bern's. Old Bernie thinks he actually has a shot. THAT is nutso.

Draft saved Draft deleted