1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Imus talk about the Rutgers women's team?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

No, that's "School Daze." And in the context of the conversation, as I read it, it seems to fit with the point Imus was making about the visual contrast – his concept, not mine – between the two teams. That said, they should not have gone there.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

BTW, MSNBC puts out a release saying the views expressed by Imus are not the views of the network. After repeated instances of this shit, why do they still carry his old, ragged ass?

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I think it's poor Sid Rosenberg who suggests on air that it's "Do the Right Thing." Poor guy seemed to being doing his best not to say anything.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Poor Sid Rosenberg?
    Coke addict ... compulsive gambler...in and out of rehab 9 times ... all around scumbag Sid Rosenberg? That Sid Rosenberg?
    Poor Sid Rosenberg, my ass.

5. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I should have dialed up the facetious font. Sorry, spn.

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

And here I thought I'd be able to make it through the year without hearing someone called a "jigaboo."

Any chance we can just eliminate talk radio once and for all? Every show. Every channel.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Great idea. Now just convince these places that advertising and ratings will, at worst, hold steady.

I listened to Packer's show in Charlotte (yes, Billy's son) once to try and score some hockey tickets. Not only was it painful, but also was proof that idiots will do anything to get on air.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I'm not talking about convincing. I'm talking about federal legislation. Or burning them all to the ground. Clear the airwaves by any means necessary and start over again. Reallocate all the frequencies for live sports and tejano music.

9. [​IMG]

Send some money to my ranch, you nappy-headed 'ho's.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Bless whoever taught him how to post pictures. This is the greatest thing to ever happen to this board!

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Is that the first one he's posted? Because I sure don't recall any before that.

12. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Fenian Bastard prepares to capture another photopost for SportsJournalists.com. Sammy Davis Jr. hugging Nixon? A simple pot of paste? Dick Cheney in a kilt? Only time will tell.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.