1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Imus talk about the Rutgers women's team?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I heard this on radio just now and I'm running late for a meeting and I'm unable to find the link, but the report said that the I-man is trouble for talking about the Rutgers women's basketball team, referring to them as tough because they have tats, and then Bernard got his two cents worth in on the convo on-air.

Does anyone have a link or can confirm that?

Thanks!

BTW, what type of beer would be good with Easter ham? The beers on me since I'm asking. :)

2. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

D-3,

Here you go

http://www.wnbc.com/news/11537229/detail.html?dl=mainclick

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"nappy-headed hos" ... rich.

Now, let's talk Nappy Roots ...

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ouch...that was obnoxious even for Imus.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Lets be honest, the only place he's relevant anymore is on capitol hill (and judging by his DC ratings, ONLY there, since no one else gives a fuck) and with the old timers here. No one else in the world cares about what he says, and yet he gets way more print and hype than anyone else of comparable stature.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Dirk, what would you like for a drink while watching The Masters this weekend? Thanks. Wow, that is too much for McCord to listen to outside of Alger Hiss and Whitaker Chambers.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Wait a minute, somebody here was making a big fuss over Billy Packer using the term "fag out" for being tired, but Imus can calll black women nappy-haired hos" and "jigaboos" and it's OK because nobody cares about Imus anymore?

Imus should have been put out to pasture--or better yet, shot--years ago, He is an irrelevant, useless piece of shit but FAN will not discipline him at all. What a total asshole.

9. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Really no problem, but if you're buying, I could go for a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

Thank you sir

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'll have to re-read the story...I thought it was his producer who used the word "jigaboos."

Either way, I agree. His low ratings don't make the comments any less disgraceful.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

To be clear, the Packer stuff was a mountain out of a molehill. And Imus, yes, should have been put out to pasture, or at least his ranch, and the microphones taken away.

12. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Perhaps it was their homage to Al Campanis on the occasion of his anniversary.

McGuirk is the one who says "jigaboos and wannabes" - and seems to think he's quoting Spike Lee's "Do The Right Thing." It's hard to tell because of the crosstalk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.