1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did I miss this? Scot Pollard's Public Service Announcement

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Nice.

CLEVELAND (AP) — Cleveland Cavaliers center Scot Pollard looked into the camera during a recent game and said, “Hey kids, do drugs.” <cm-bd>¶
    Pollard was sitting on the bench in street clothes when he made the remark during a 20-second timeout Sunday against Indiana. The Cavaliers didn’t find it funny. <cm-bd>¶
    “We have spoken with Scot and certainly do not condone his actions,” general manager Danny Ferry said in a statement Wednesday. “He regrets his mistake, using inappropriate humor, particularly when he has always been very involved in the community, projecting positive messages to our youth. We will handle the issue internally.” <cm-bd>¶
    “It was a bad joke,” Pollard said in Thursday editions of The Plain Dealer. “That’s all it boils down to. There are a number of things people could say about it, but it just turned out it was a bad joke. Obviously, I don’t believe that.” <cm-bd>¶
    Pollard, who has played in only 17 games this season, was not available on Thursday. He would be at practice on Friday, the team said. <cm-bd>¶

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

He'll be cut soon.

3. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

that shit is simply hilarious.

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

[​IMG]
    I don't see the problem.

5. leo1

leo1 Active Member

although this was a moronic thing to say and do, pollard has always struck me as kind of refreshing in the NBA. one of those free-spirited types.

and his wife mindy was in my high school class. she was hot back then. i didn't know she was married to him until i read one of those old newsletters i get every few years.

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

bumped to move this away from the Josh Hamilton thread.

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

And then they'll draft that tall kid from Gonzaga.

8. Oz

Oz Active Member

That's just Pollard being Pollard. I remember CBS once did a feature on him to go with its Kansas-UConn broadcast. He drove his convertible across campus with the top down on a freezing February afternoon, singing, "I've got sunshine ... on a cloudy day ..." without a care in the world.

Not ever the best player, but always seemed like a fun guy to hang with.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Xavier McDaniel:

Steve, don't come yet.

If Pollard had simply said that, he would be a god.

10. boots

boots New Member

Was she a whore back then?

11. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Of course he does. What pothead isn't fun? My college roommates were the best guys ever.

12. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i don't think so. is she a whore now?

Draft saved Draft deleted