1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did I miss the "Olbermann gets an envelope filled with white powder" thread?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Y'all see Hotel Rwanda? The media/government there got them to kill 3 million people in one month.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Your wife have cancer? Go to the hospital, break the news to her that the divorce is in the pipeline,
    and walk right out . . .

Newt, the Beaut

"One horrible death -- to go! . . . "

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Olbermann was interfering with the Post's message that liberals are a bigger danger to national security than al-Qaida. Somebody had to pay. Olbermann was a convenient target.

4. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

The funny thing is, Olbermann has become a creation of Fox News. The "fair and balanced" network decided it would be a really good idea if its news anchors turned into op-ed columnists at the end of a broadcast, so Cavuto, Gibson, Hume, etc., established themselves as conservative pundits who happen to read the news. The concept clearly worked, so Olbermann (not to mention Lou Dobbs) jumped on it. So now Olbermann's doing a fair amount of these "special comments," which are longer, more pointed and exponentially better-written than anything the Fox crowd is doing. You reap what you sow.

5. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I thought the hatemonger who killed Alan Berg was sitting in a maximum security federal pen.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

No. I seem to remember that there was a civil trial that someone lost, but I don't think there were any criminal charges ever filed.
    If someone can clear this up, please do.

Draft saved Draft deleted