1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did I miss a memo? (Jodie Foster's gay?)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

There's my problem. Never watched McBeal.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

She's private about her private life... Good for her...

3. Mizzougrad96

If you like DeRossi, rent Sirens...

4. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Jodie and Cydney:

[​IMG]

5. Mizzougrad96

For my money, she's the best actress working...

6. She's a single mom. Anyone know who donated the sperm? Was it a bf, ex-husband or some anonymous dude?

7. Agreed. Watched Flightplan just because she was in it, and nearly enjoyed it because she was in it.

The bank robber flik with Denzel was good ...

8. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Mine too. I waver between Foster and Meryl Streep a lot, but Foster has more range.

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

"Contact" is one of my all-time faves. She's incredible in it. Loved the bank heist one, too, but she was little more than a cameo in that. Denzel carried that one.

10. Mizzougrad96

Streep is amazing, but she can't carry a film the way Foster can...

I liked Flightplan, didn't love it...

Loved Panic Room, Silence of the Lambs, Inside Man... I can't wait to see The Brave One...

11. Mizzougrad96

Inside Man was one of the best films of last year...

Clive Owen, Jodie Foster and Denzel... Not a bad cast...

12. http://www.usaweekend.com/02_issues/020303/020303foster.html

From a March 2002 article:

Despite decades in the public eye, Foster remains enigmatic. She will not identify the father (or fathers) of her children -- Charles, 3, and Kit, 5 months -- or explain the specifics of their conception. Has she planned what she'll say to the boys when they ask about it? "Of course I know what I'm going to say," she replies, smiling. "But I'm not gonna share it with America." She wears a gold band on her ring finger. It looks like a wedding ring, she's told. "Yes, it does," she says, but she makes no revelations.

She understands people are curious about her sexual orientation, her efforts at single motherhood and her feelings about John Hinckley Jr., who said he shot then-president Ronald Reagan in 1981 to impress her. But she's mostly mute on those issues. Maybe her sons will need father figures, she allows, "but so far they seem extremely content and well-adjusted. I have a big family and lots of [male] friends. I'm trying to do the best I can." It would be unfair to the boys, she says, if she talked too much about them publicly. "Someday, somebody can ask them directly about their lives, and they'll have something to say. ... You're welcome to call them up when they're 18."

Draft saved Draft deleted