1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did I just see Katherine Heigl ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Capital One pays crazy money to do those ads. Alec Baldwin's deal with Capital One was $15 million for three years. Supposedly, he gave all the $$$ to charity.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Found this story from September interesting in regard to the original thread topic:

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/knocked-nyquil-ads-tv-save-katherine-heigls-career-050000152.html

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Willem Dafoe as Satan for Mercedes-Benz.

Egads.

4. Mizzougrad96

Wow. I knew she had a reputation for being difficult, but I had no idea it had gotten to this level.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

You might want to add a step in there for bad plastic surgery, but I saw Ray Liotta a couple times this weekend in a commercial, shaming some hipsters for not drinking tequila

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Mizzougrad96

I remember Imperioli saying in an interview that he made more $$$ doing the 1800 ads than he did for Life On Mars and Detroit 1-8-7 combined.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The look on Hendricks' face.......

"You're paying me HOW much to stand here, look slutty, and hold a glass in my hand?"

"Is this smile slutty enough?"

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

John Corbett is all over voiceovers on TV, Applebee's and some others I can't remember. He's one of those voices you hear and say, "I know that guy," even if you can't remember his name.

9. Mizzougrad96

I have no idea how much they would pay for someone like Corbett, but Tim Allen or Kelsey Grammer can make $7-$10 million for doing voice overs for the right company.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I hear John Krasinski all the goddamn time.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That might just be in your head. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted