1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did I just see Katherine Heigl ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, Oct 31, 2013.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

In some instances, Dancing with the Stars has helped the celebrity cachet of a few.
    Mario Lopez, for one.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Arsenio also has a new talk show, which I'm guessing he would not have gotten if he had not been on Celebrity Apprentice. Joan Rivers said on Stern's show that she starting drawing much better on the road after she was on.

Obviously, it's not like that for everyone, but I think it's a safe bet that Katherine Heigl is at least another decade away from having to do DWTS, Splash or Celebrity Apprentice... :D

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Heigl doing a no-lines NyQuil commercial does not equate Drew Brees being a celebrity spokesperson for NyQuil or Kevin Connolly voicing Best Buy.
    This shows that they didn't even think she was worth paying to TALK! Think about that.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

To be fair, I'd much rather see her than hear her.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

This.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I still say the most hilarious endorsement anywhere is Erin Andrews for Trubiotics. Every time I see her, I picture that she just took a smooth, resistance-free dump.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Remember, Jamie Lee Curtis inspired SNL fake commercials. :)

8. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

The Activia lawsuit is one of my favorite advertising stories. Any time a corporation makes up a scientific term for a bacterium and then makes outlandish claims for how it will make you shit AND Jamie Lee Curtis is part of the entire conspiracy!?! That's a home run to read about. It only would've been better if Ralph Nader would've led an investigative panel on the subject and questioned Cutis ( a la the hot dog manufacturers about their "Missiles of Death") about how often she goes to the bathroom.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Saying that Kevin Connolly being the voice of Best Buy is a sign he's struggling is ridiculous. Certain celebs become a commercial voice as their voice supposedly lends credibility.

Paul Giamatti is currently the voice for Liberty Mutual Insurance and I don't think anyone thinks he's struggling. Getting a commercial voice-over gig is big and easy money.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's weird though. When I hear a Jon Hamm VO, and being a fan of Mad Men, am I supposed to think it's Hamm (who I like) or Don Draper (who I know isn't one to be trusted)?

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Step 1: Act in a TV show.

Step 2: Do a booze ad.

Step 3: $$$$$$$$

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Funny how no one has mentioned the fifth-highest grossing actor of all time is now the face -- and potty mouth -- of Capital One.

http://www.americanbanker.com/people/capital-one-cleans-up-samuel-jackson-ad-after-damning-criticism-1063293-1.html

Draft saved Draft deleted