1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did I just hear an F-bomb on NBC?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Jun 19, 2006.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

My CBC out of Windsor muted it. I heard "fu--" and then nothing. Had no idea what the second word was, but I did catch it was Ray Whitney.

I do wish the announcers would just shut up during the celebrations. I never know if it's Cole or Neale, but God, I just wanted to strangle the one who kept butting in with all those dramatic comments: "30 teams in the NHL." Duh. One champion, I get it. Now shut up and let me watch them pass the Cup.

Probably NBC does it, too, but I'll never know firsthand because I won't watch it given a choice.. And I muted the TV myself shortly after "fu--."

2. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

You forgot this beauty. It's really a Pepsi/Coke debate.....
    [​IMG]

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Hey now, hey now... :D I'm a rightie, and I don't think it's worth the hassle. It happened at 11pm, anyway.

Besides, who was watching (besides myself)... the last I checked, Stanley Cup hockey was rated below kangaroo boxing and wet T-shirt wrestling in Jello. (Yes, non-hockey fans, you missed a damn good series).

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

But it also happened at 10 Central, 9 Mountain, 8 Pacific, 7 Alaskan and 6 Hawaii-Aleutian. :p

5. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Admit it, Ron, you're banging Kim Possible, aren't you?

You're more than friends, I know that.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

7. markvid

markvid Guest

Don't blame NBC.
    Blame the person who can't control his mouth. Period.
    All those groups (like the Wildmans, etc) who go after the networks and DEMAND that everything be put on delay because the media is polluting the minds of young children need to focus on the people who should be blamed, not NBC.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

And 12:30 a.m. in Newfoundland.

You should see the end of the "So The Drama" movie, when we start macking on the dance floor. Boo-yah!

9. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

OK, but why should a player expect to have a live TV camera (with sound) in his face when he's handed the Stanley Cup? Hockey players use bad language very casually. Hockey players who have just won a championship after a nine-month season probably feel a great sense of relief. There might be an expectation that a profanity might come from somebody under those circumstances. In fact, I was waiting for it as NBC lingered on the ice. And, really, after Brind'Amour and Wesley, what was the value in being up close as the Cup was passed around? I don't even know the guy who swore.

He wasn't being interviewed. He was in his domain, which was invaded by live TV. Can't they have a moment to themselves? Or at least a moment without live sound? Fuck.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

Ok, when your kids were born (if you have any), did you scream FUCKIN' A! on top of your lungs?
    They know cameras are there, it is not a private moment.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Why should a hockey player expect to have a live TV camera in his face when he's handed the Stanely Cup? Are you kidding me? That's the money shot. Of course there's going to be cameras and mics there. When else are they going to show up?

12. Flash

Flash Guest

Are you fisting me? Been around many athletes in your lifetime? Do you know how many times I've had to edit 'fuck' out of a quote? Good Lord, the man just won the fucking Stanley Cup. I'm pretty sure pretty Big Ben said holy fuck c_unt shit whore a few times last winter. And I wouldn't blame him.
    Or Ray Whitney.

Draft saved Draft deleted