1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Derrick Rose tear his other ACL? UPDATE No, torn meniscus

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Nov 23, 2013.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

From a WGN radio guy:

Jordan Bernfield
    ‏@JordanBernfield
    Good source tells me #Bulls fear it's a torn right ACL for Derrick Rose. If so, unlikely he will ever be the same.

All in for 2015.

2. Dash 7

Dash 7 Member

Re: Did Derrick Rose tear his other ACL?

That's the fear. MRI coming soon.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith raised eyebrows in Chicago last week when he suggested Derrick Rose could decide to opt out of his contract next season and leave the Bulls if the team doesn’t surround him with the pieces necessary to compete for an NBA championship.

Locally, many took exception with Smith’s statement considering D. Rose does not have an opt-out clause in his contract. But the TV analyst stuck to his guns in a recent appearance on ESPN’s Chicago Bulls Weekly radio show and continued to suggest that Rose could decide to leave his hometown and play elsewhere someday.
    “This team is not good enough and if it maintains that status, then you’re going to have a very unhappy Derrick Rose in the years to come,” Smith said. “The nice guy that he is, that has been willing to acquiesce and capitulate to the demands and the wishes of the Chicago Bulls, that’s not going to be the case as the years progress.”

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/outside-shot/Chicago-Bulls-Derrick-Rose-ESPN-Stephen-A-Smith-231391401.html#ixzz2lVJ7nI4i

Just a ploy by Rose to save himself for important games?

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

"Only" torn meniscus, but still needs surgery, per Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/404375459229495296

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

"Out indefinitely." Just what every Bulls fan wants to hear.

6. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Yeah, less than the whole season, though, and his career isn't essentially over. So a lot better than I thought, I guess ...

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He'll be ready just in time to sign a free agent contract

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Major bummer. Seems like with some guys, once they get hurt once, the second injury quickly follows.

9. H.L. Mencken

H.L. Mencken Member

Why hasn't he returned yet? Pussy.

/tweetsfrom3weeksintothefuture

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

That does beg the question: "How much money would you commit to someone with that injury history?" If I were a GM, I wouldn't touch someone like that until he's had at least 2-3 healthy seasons under his belt since the injury.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Done:

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/10034512/derrick-rose-chicago-bulls-season-knee-surgery

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Breaking news: Sports fans in cities follow the sports teams in those cities and cheer for them.

Draft saved Draft deleted