1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Brett Favre Die??

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pillman, Oct 29, 2007.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Was last night billed as "a very special episode of Monday Night Football?" And what's with using the game as a political soapbox, regardless of the worthiness of the cause. Is there anyone in this country that wasn't aware of breast cancer before last night's game?

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Hey, I tend to agree, but I was addressing the argument that Elway is better than Favre because he won two Super Bowls to Favre's one.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I hate these arguments as well.
    He took teams to super bowls that probably shouldn't even have got there.
    I love how Favre's resurgence covers up how bad he was the last few
    years

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

So bad that he still has better career numbers than Elway?

Walked right in to that one, chief.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I will say this: Favre is the greatest pill-freak QB in NFL history.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Do interceptions count, chief
    His last 2 years 2005 20 td's 29 ints
    2006 18 and 18
    Well I guess if we go by stats Marino is better than Montanna
    The problem with these arguments is you start to denigrate what the other has acomplished. I would take Elway you obviously wouldn't

7. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

You stay classy, and timely, d_b

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

:-*

9. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Who says there isn't any love here at SportsJournalists.com? ;)

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Favre has 279 career interceptions in 8497 attempts, or one every 30.5 attempts.

Elway has 226 career interceptions in 7250 attempts, or one ever 32 attempts.

Small price to pay for 125 career more touchdown passes -- 425 to 300.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Honestly the reason Favre gets so much run is he is the last QB who played in the NFL where most teams had a great QB whether it was Elway, Young, Montana, Marino, Kelly, Troy Aikman, Drew Bledsoe, or Testaverde. Think about the NFL then and you see it now and its a wasteland for QBs.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, both of whom will go likely go down as Top 5 QBs in NFL history, and have a good chance to end up 1-2, would argue your wasteland hypothesis.

And, IMO, Elway's greatness was shown in getting those three losing teams to the Super Bowl. Those teams had no business anywhere near the big one; they got there because of him. Of course, when Favre doesn't have a bunch of weapons at his disposal, that's his excuse for not making it past the first or second round of the playoffs. Elway in his prime could take this year's Packers team to the Super Bowl (and, of course, get crushed), but I'm not so sure Favre in his prime could take an offense whose top threats were Mark Jackson and Sammy Winder to the final game of the season.

Draft saved Draft deleted