1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Brett Favre Die??

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pillman, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Except Montana didn't call his own plays... Like My boy Terry "Couldn't Spell 'Cat' if you spotted him 'C-A'"
    Bradshaw. ... ;)

2. joe

joe Active Member

Hey, look, it's John Candy.

3. That has to be one of the best Super Bowl moment stories of all-time.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

This is why I watch 90% of broadcast sports with the sound off.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I guess the Reggie White defense had nothing to do with him winning that title.
    Favre is a great great QB but I think some of us are forgetting the previous few years.

6. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I guess the Reggie White defense had nothing to do with him winning that title.
    Favre is a great great QB but I think some of us are forgetting the previous few years.

[/quote]

Or a Desmond Howard kick return for a TD.
    And as a Packer fan, the last few years were hard to take. Granted this year they are playing well, but they are still passing like 70-percent of the time and that will hurt them in the playoffs.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

And miss the swell of the violins and orchestra every time Deanna and/or the late father were mentioned, approximately every 4.2 minutes?

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I just cannot watch that shit. Fuck, whatever happened to turning on the TV and just WATCHING A FUCKING FOOTBALL GAME?

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

He hasn't died. He's just rejuvenated his body with new-and-improved Vicodin Plus.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

As I said, I had the sound off and enjoyed the game.

Every single person I've talked to today mentioned the announcing and/or production and complained about it.

You'd think someone who works in television could see that. Better yet, someone with a brain in some TV office somewhere is going to come up with the idea to offer the game without audio.

11. flopflipper

flopflipper Member

I really didn't mind it. If Deanna was talking, Kornheiser wasn't. She'd replace him for all the games if I had my choice.

12. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

NBC did that in 1980. Jets-Dolphins on a Saturday afternoon. But it still had Bryant Gumbel on the pregame.

Draft saved Draft deleted