1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Brett Favre Die??

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pillman, Oct 29, 2007.

1. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Tommy's dead? I somehow missed that.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Buck, your fanboy looserness has reached epic levels. Montana won four Super Bowls, that's four times as many as Favre, and he threw ZERO, ZERO interceptions in those games. That's the kind of big-game perfection no one will approach. And as for all that help Montana had, who was his starting RB in Super Bowl XVI? And remember, he won two Super bowls while Jerry Rice was still in college. Until Brady gets to five rings or Manning wins a couple more, Montana is the standard.

3. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Nobody since Unitas was as good as Montana.

And maybe nobody ever was as good as Montana.

Favre? Great QB. . . . Marino? Great QB. . . . Elway? Great QB.

Montana? The Gold Standard. The Platinum Standard. The perfect QB and team leader.

4. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Favre has always forced too many throws, and his interception count shows that.

And Favre didn't win titles. He won one title, and that was it.

Some say he coulda-woulda-shoulda won at least two or three.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

That's true, Buck, but that brings me back to Montana, who didn't have superhuman arm strength but became a precision passer in an offense that changed the way offenses work in the NFL.

6. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Hey, I think Favre is a great quarterback, and an even better story for a movie down the line.

But nobody compares to Montana in my book. He was the second coming of Johnny Unitas.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Twice as many as Favre.

8. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Two outright titles for Unitas, 1958 and 1959. And he threw a 75-yard touchdown pass in Super Bowl V before getting knocked out of the game, so he had a hand in a third title.

Favre has his one title.

And Montana has four. He took four teams to the Super Bowl, and he won them all.

But titles aren't everything. Favre is gutsy and fearless, and so was Montana. But I thought Montana was the truly complete quarterback, a coach on the field and the ability to back it up.

9. Mira

Mira Member

I laughed my ass off when Greg Jennings said in the presser after the game, "What is Brett, 70 or something?"

Um, almost. :D

10. patchs

patchs Active Member

[​IMG]

This guy would be unconsolable.

11. flopflipper

flopflipper Member

This article is pretty well done...

http://www.onmilwaukee.com/sports/articles/gbreplay103007.html

12. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

This is the most important sentence in that piece.

Truer words have never been written.

And he should have stopped there.

Draft saved Draft deleted