1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did anyone else see Alpha Dog?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Googlaw, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Googlaw

Googlaw Member

Wow ... just watched it for the first time tonight. Damn ... I thought it was a surprisingly good movie. The cast is young, but still talented.

2. Herky_Jerky

Herky_Jerky Member

It just arrived the other day through Netflix. I'll have to watch it soon and get back to you.

I've been looking forward for its DVD release ever since I saw the previews many months ago.

Emile Hirsch is one of my favorite young actors in Hollywood today.

3. The Q Man

The Q Man Member

It was indeed a very good movie featuring a very young cast. But you'll notice that in the background there was a spectacular group of veterans (Bruce Willis, Sharon Stone) that made the movie even better.

4. BRoth

BRoth Member

I really didn't expect much from the movie, but it definitely far surpassed what I figured it would be. It's a pretty decent movie.

Emile Hirsch is a great actor and I'm really looking forward to seeing Into the Wild.

The kid who played ... the kid, Anton Yelchin, also stole a few of the scenes he was in toward the end of the movie.

Plus, who can deny Alan Thicke?

5. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Yeah, I thought it was pretty good. Didn't expect much to begin with, though, but still pleasantly surprised.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Wasn't Hirsch the main character in the surprisingly decent Elisha Cuthbert flick "Girl Next Door?"

7. BRoth

BRoth Member

Yeah, he was. And that's a good way of describing it.

Plus, Cuthbert was extremely hot, even though she used a body double for some scenes.

8. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

C'mon, what about Timberlake? I'm no fan of his music, but I thought he was good in this and in "Black Snake Moan" as well. I was surprised by how good Alpha Dog was too. I thought it got panned by the critics or had a troublesome shoot, but I could be mixing it up with "Southland Tales."

Oh, yeah, also want to add that Ben Foster impresses me in everything I see him in.

9. Googlaw

Googlaw Member

Is it just me, or does he play a psychopath in every movie he's in? He was nuts in this one, and was pretty scary in Hostage. He's come a long way since his days on the Disney channel.

10. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I saw it when it came out and thought it was a "surprisingly" good movie and Timberlake can act. Hirsch has a great acting future ahead of him too. Foster has done some good roles in past movies he has been in and Alpha Dog is no exception.

Draft saved Draft deleted