1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dick's 1994 view on Iraq

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tom Petty, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Not to take this thread totally off-topic, but when will pro-life folks realize that they're being played like drums by the Republicans on this issue? You had all three branches of government on your side last year, and what came of it? A partial-birth bill? Nothing else? The Republican political machine has no interest whatsoever in repealing Roe or banning abortion; it would deprive them of their best wedge issue.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Um, that's 2 branches, Roe won't be overturned anytime soon, and that is not at all where the battle is now. I didn't say it's a human life, read more carefully please.

3. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

So by "unborn life" you meant animals then? And what wasn't conservative in your mind in 2006, the Bush administration, the Republican Congress or the Roberts SCOTUS?

4. So it's "unborn life," but not "human life"?
    What's the problem, then?
    If it's not human, why not flush it?

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

The Roberts SCOTUS, and I think it's a fetus, on its way to becoming human, which is less than human but more than trash.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

so, to rephrase: any neocons have any thoughts on dick's POV in 1994?

7. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Are there even any neo-cons on this board?

8. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I think Yawn is Bill Kristol.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

The answer to that, unfortunately, was listed previously.

What's a neocon? ::)

10. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Probably not in the strict sense of the term. Bush loyalists/apologists aren't necessarily neo-cons. Babbling "9/11 changed everything!" as a response to all criticism isn't the same as citing Laurie Mylroie chapter and verse.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

are you stupid?

12. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

If believing that neo-con has a definition other than "Republicans who Tom disagrees with," makes me stupid, then I am the dumbest fucker ever to walk the face of the earth.

Draft saved Draft deleted