1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dick vs Wolf

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lamar Mundane, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Blitzer interviewed Cheney today. I scanned the interview but won't watch Cheney until someone can point to anything he's been right about Iraq.

I'm wondering, since it is considered a confrontational interview did anyone see if Wolf asked Cheney if the insurgency is still in its last throes? Seems that might have been relevant a year and a half later.

Funny, Cheney says votes against W's policy gives comfort to our enemies while his policies sent our brave volunteer army into combat without adequate body armor. His administration cut VA funding and is using a backdoor draft to SURGE back to Baghdad.

Didn't we already win the battle of Baghdad? I thought I saw some dramatic footage about four years ago. But that was before the death of the Democratic Party though!

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I thought this thread had something to do with Law & Order.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Me, too.

Instead, it's about a VP interested in preserving disorder.

4. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Here's the video of this interview.

Some good stuff here, like The Dark Lord pulling out the "I disagree with the premise of your question" card. WTF?

I'm also wondering where the hell this Blitzer has been the last six damn years.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm not going to defend Cheney, but the question asked about his daughter was worded very poorly on Blitzer's part...

6. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Cheney is such a coward.

Basically, Blitzer pulled out a quote from Focus on the Family saying gay parents are bad. Cheney has a lesbian daughter that just adopted -- or one of them had -- a baby, I forget. Blitzer basically asked, "Hey, how can you be a part of a party that demonizes gay unions, yet has a gay daughter with a baby?"

A perfectly legitimate question that Cheney refused to answer. Coward.

Yes, the question was worded poorly -- and I though Blitzer acted like a wuss instead of insisting it was a legitimate question -- but there was nothing wrong with it.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I have zero problem with him asking the question, but, if a question isn't worded well, more often than not you're not going to get the best response.

Then again, there was no way Cheney was going to answer the question no matter how it was asked...

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I've heard him answer the question, fwiw. Something about unconditional love ...

9. leo1

leo1 Active Member

this probably reflects worse on me than on cheney i'm always surprised when he and king rove's gang says stuff about how a vote against bush means you support the enemy. from your first grade civics class you learn that this isn't true; we have a democracy, freedom of expression, etc. and it wasn't until 9-11 that anyone imagined that they would be seen as treasonous for supporting a policy that the president didn't support. it's literally beyond the logic of comprehension to point to our constitution and say that one who criticizes the president supports the enemy. but thanks to the spin machine, a lot of people believe this and now don't question it. it's sickening and disheartening.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It's a line right out of Lenin. Utter horseshit -- but you expect no more, from these thugs.

11. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

What if his daughter was a gay, pro-choice illegal immigrant that was against the war? :)

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I don't know. I just heard him say he supported and loved his daughter, even though he didn't agree with her lifestyle.

Draft saved Draft deleted