1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dick Cheney hospitalized

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spup1122, Feb 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/02/22/cheney.hospitalized/index.html

I, for one, hope he pulls through. Would be a shame for him to be unable to visit The Hague.

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I'm glad he has access to the best health care money can buy. I wish I was so fortunate.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

To be fair, Cheney has never been a health care zealot, just a foreign policy hawk. You've got to wonder though, between being a former veep, former congressman, former SecDef and former CEO of Halliburton, I'd be happy with the health care any one of those titles would get you.
    But man, Bob Dole and Cheney on the same day. Still, I just don't see Mitt Romney being "the guy" who leads the GOP. I think he's too nice, and I don't know of that many people in Congress who will back him who don't have a natural tie to him and he's weak in the early primary states.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Stay classy, spup.

5. Legacy

Legacy Member

If he doesn't pull through, he could visit the Haig (as in the recently departed Alexander).

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

:)

8. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

I'm sure his government-run health care will pull him through.

Get well soon Dick, so you can keep reminding us what a bad vice-president you were. :)

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

The guy has had four heart attacks. It's kind of amazing he's still alive. Is he going for the baker's dozen needed to be in the cast of the SNL Superfans show?

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Four heart attacks, fooey. It will take a silver bullet or a wooden stake in the heart.

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

[​IMG]

And dig this you assholes, and dig it good. Cheney has had four heart attacks and he ain't dead! Does that mean anything to you, huh? Cheney ain't meant to die! The only thing that can kill Cheney . . . is Cheney.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Oh, he keeps pounding that prime rib, he'll get it done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.