1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dick Cheney hospitalized for "discomfort", MSNBC reports

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, Jun 25, 2010.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Perfect timing! It's the 35th anniversary of Jaws! (Quasi-Republican with shitty sense of humor)

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wait it's the 35th anniversary of the Jews?

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

There are countless men in their 60s and 70s who have been experiencing the same thing for years and years.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Let my posters gooooooo!

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

G-d bless you.

7. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Oh god, BYH. You're even faster now.

8. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

I was gonna agree? But then I thought about some of the things he's said and done. No hurry. No hurry at all.

9. sportswriter3000

sportswriter3000 New Member

I hope Cheney makes it.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Seven seconds?

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I can only hope Cheney gets exactly what he deserves.

12. dog428

dog428 Active Member

In attempt to avoid any political talk (God forbid people on a message board argue), let me ask this in the most gentle way possible: Is it pretty much agreed now that Cheney is the worst human being to ever rise to such authority in this country?

The reason I ask is because I live in a rather conservative -- if not the most conservative -- state there is. Around here, the GOP can do no wrong and Sarah Palin would win easily. And yet, even here, when Cheney's tactics and the things he did are brought up, no one really disputes that he's just a bad guy who did terrible, terrible things in the interest of politics and money.

To me, he's a different kind of figure, because I think that no matter how ridiculously loyal the average person is in their political beliefs -- I'm not talking about the wackjobs on either side here -- I think we can all see where the majority of politicians, especially those who end up at the very top, are for the most part good, well-intentioned people. We might disagree vehemently with their ways or tactics or beliefs, but we don't necessarily think of them as evil, greedy, selfish shits who would gladly sell out an entire country if it meant personal gain.

Take GWB, there's not much that man did his final six years that I agreed with, but I don't think of him as a bad person. We just had different beliefs, and I think he was pulled the wrong direction a few times by GOPers who were only interested in political or personal gain. I would have to think most Republicans think of Obama the same way.

But Cheney ... is there anyone out there who thinks this guy wasn't, well, evil?

Draft saved Draft deleted