1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dibble and Women

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I missed this broadcast (it was the 11th, not the 12th) and I haven't watched since.

http://ocdchick.com/2010/08/13/rob-dibble-rant-and-response-roundup/

Is this a mountain or a molehill? I don't think Dibble is sexist or stupid. I think he thought he was being funny. He wasn't, of course.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

What Dibble was describing, Yankee fans get every game if they listen to Suyzn Waldman.

3. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I have no problem with what he said, but he knew there had to a backlash. I love reading some of the responses, though. They're so angry about what some a-hole said. And then they all have to prove they're super big baseball fans by saying they "went on a baseball trip with a girlfriend" or "I have season tickets."

Nobody cares that you have season tickets, and nobody cares that you talk during the games. I do it all the time.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Could they have been talking so loud that a sound mike was picking up what they were saying?

Honestly though, if you are at a game in the stands and just yammering away the entire time and it has nothing to do with the game, I would probably turn around and tell you to shut the hell up.

Ball park etiquette is if you are talking so loud that everyone around you can hear, it needs to be a conversation that everyone can join in on. And that usually narrows the topics down to the game, the teams or baseball.

This applies to men, women, gay, straight, black, white yellow, Democrat, Republican, Catholic, Baptist, Hindu...

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Dibble = doooooosh.

This is just another in a long line of Dibble debacles. Nothing new. Not sure why anyone cares what he says anymore.

Molehill.

Edit: The wife heard about it and thinks he's even a bigger d-bag now, but also votes molehill, mainly because it's not exactly shocking for him to say dumb things anymore. It's lost its effect.

6. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

If you replace the ladies with four white men and replace the shopping with deer hunting, it's no big deal. If you replace the ladies with four black men and replace the shopping with eating watermelon, all hell breaks loose. A few stereotypes aren't offensive. It pays to know which ones are. And, if you're not sure, it's better to keep your piehole shut.

7. Dibble has said stupider things before and will say even stupider things than this if the Nationals/MASN are dumb enough to keep him on the air.

If I watch the Nats on MASN, I either A) mute the sound, B) mute/turn on the XM broadcast, or C) mute/turn on music. Any of those options are better than having to suffer through Dibble (and Carpenter, who I used to like but can't stomach with Dibble in the booth).

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Fun with Dibble, NSFW (words rather than pix)

http://dcbb.blogspot.com/2010/08/cant-spell-douchebag-without-d-i-b-b-l.html

9. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Did anybody else see this thread title and think of the line from Lucille to Michael in Arrested Development: "Michael and women!" (before they all do their chicken dances together) Just me? Okay.

10. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

A similar rant from Don Cherry circa early 80's...

Draft saved Draft deleted