1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Diamondbacks' new threads, or ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by beefncheddar, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I actually like them. A huge upgrade over their originals and the many tweaks that have been made to them since. Now a complete abandonment of their former colour scheme may be a bit much, but they are still ahead of where they were yesterday. It is much like when the Phoenix Coyotes dropped their art-deco schemed pyjamas for what they have now.

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I like' em too. That logo on the sleeve is pretty slick. 'Course, I didn't mind the old set, but this is an upgrade.

3. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Valid point, but the D-Backs ain't exactly the Dodgers in terms of tradition.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I think they look pretty sweet. The only thing I'd change is the close resemblance to what the Astros have...

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

It's a little 70s Indians meets '80s Padres, too.

Baseball has too many softball jerseys, though.

NFL has such a variety of colors.

Baseball... filled with dark helmets and jerseys.

6. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Good threads in general...

It is indeed annoying when teams change their entire scheme, but it's also true that the annoyance factor is directly proportional to the amount of tradition involved. In other words, Mets wearing black caps is about a seven, to me, on the 1-to-10 annoying-o-meter...while the D-Backs dropping the 90s teal and purple crap is more like a one.

The only thing difficult about this change is that there are now two teams in the NL whose colors are khaki and brick. Baseball, meet J.Crew.

7. tommyp

tommyp Member

Four different uniforms, two different hats. Eight possible uniform combinations.

Call me a traditionalist, but I still think the Yankee uniform is the best. One hat, one home uniform, one visiting uniform.

8. writing irish

Shit, I didn't see all the multiple cap options. I hate multiple caps.

Only the We Are Fam-a-lee Pirates should be allowed the indulgence of eight uni combos.

And if I remember correctly, those Buccos had only one lid...although the amount of Stargell Stars varied from Pirate to Pirate.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

10. tommyp

tommyp Member

Irish: The Pirates had two caps. The gold with black stripes and black with gold stripes.

11. writing irish

Must have blocked that out. I remember the black, spaced on the gold. But yeah, I now remember the gold ones.

Does anyone else remember the NL centennial season when lots of NL clubs celebrated by going stovepipe? I think that's where the Pirates got the idea. Fortunately, the other teams just limited the stovepipe look to a few games.

It's good, overall, to see the dumb fads of the 90s (teal and purple, mainly) falling by the wayside.

Brick and khaki are the new teal and purple. At least it looks better.

12. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Draft saved Draft deleted