1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DFM bloodletting continues

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by FileNotFound, Jan 16, 2018.

1. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

She’s a Patriots fan. It explains a lot.

4. MileHigh

Exactly. Cry me a river. Been a lot of moany whining coming out of Adams County the past few months.

Go do next year's guide to Coors Field and put up a five-wide photo of Miller Park or Busch Stadium.

Vombatus likes this.
  5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

There is a defeatist element in most people who are still in, though. Count me among them. It’s hard to take 10 (or even 3) years of repeated blows and not get a slight victim complex.

I guess I have a tiny amount of sympathy for her, but she needs some thicker skin.

Tweener and Fredrick like this.
  6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Showtime, indeed ...

REPORTER: Well I feel like you’ve made a decision that you cut it and ensure a certain level of profitability but it’s not good for the employees and it’s not good for product.

JOE FUCHS: Well it’s not good for, unfortunately, the employee that had to go.

VOICE IN ROOM: Or the employees who had to stay! The people who are staying are dying. We’re dying. Doing twice and three times what we used to. We’re working three different jobs, four different jobs to make up for the people who are gone.

REPORTER: People are leaving voluntarily, we don’t feel valued — why should we stay? We’re all dying.

OTHER REPORTER: Why shouldn’t everyone in this room be looking for another job elsewhere right now?

GUY GILMORE: Because you can’t — because you have a better job than probably you can — I mean, as hard as it is right now, you have one of the finest journalism jobs in the country. Yes, there are better places, New York Times, but —

REPORTER: Why is it the finest journalism job in the country?

GUY GILMORE: It’s a great market to be living in, it’s a great paper to be working for, the wage scales are high here.

JOE FUCHS: You’re going to get exposure, you’re gonna get your name in print.

REPORTER: Do you work in the same newsroom as I do?

GUY GILMORE: I’m associated with about 50 newsrooms who would die to work here. Mostly.

REPORTER: Well, we’re dying right now.

JOE FUCHS: No, you’re not dying. You’re frustrated.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"You're not dying. You're frustrated."

Deeeeeeeeeep line there.

9. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

11. MileHigh

Saw one of their better news reporters left and went to the startup.

12. Reddy235

Reddy235 Member

"Heartland emmys" lol. One thing journalists are masters at: giving themselves contrived awards.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted