1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dez Bryant establishes the real enemy: The media!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Just pointing out one "wide receiver in that league" with whom I've see little evidence of narcissism.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

OK. Well, I don't know much about him. I'm sure not EVERY wide receiver, or professional athlete for that matter, is in lockstep personality-wise. But a lot of them are raging narcissists, I think there is little doubt about it. Probably have to be to do that job, a lot like politics.

3. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

I love how people talk about Dez Bryant as if he were a super-ass and constant trouble maker in college. Dude was suspended for trying to get better at his position. How ridiculous is that?

Besides, someone said Roy Williams couldn't carry Bryant's jock...agreed 100000%

This is not a story--yet. When Bryant's nuts are on fire because someone put icy hot in his jock...then it's a story.

4. I would agree - if that was the only thing that was done. But it's not. Rookies are put through all kinds of shit. Mental and physical and its hazing.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Just be glad professional athletes don't haze sportswriters.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Half the sycophants out there would love every second of it.

7. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Just curious:

He was suspended for trying to get better at his position?

I thought he was suspended initially for violating NCAA rules and subsequently declared ineligible for the season after it was discovered he lied to the face of the NCAA's assistant director of agent, gambling and amateurism activities.

8. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

He lied because he knew what was going to happen if he said, "Yeah, I was hanging with Neon Deion."

He was hanging with Deion for multiple reasons, one being help with his technique against one of the game's all-time great DBs. As well as financial advisement from one of the league's all-time great money blowers.

9. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Well, hanging with Deion for those reasons violates NCAA rules.

He told the NCAA he didn't work out with Sanders and didn't work on football.

Had he just told the truth when asked about the "meeting/dinner" his supension would not have been extended through the entire season.

10. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

Side bar from current argument.

Who the hell taught the writer how to use contractions? "Ya'll" Really?? Ugh.

And I agree lying is bad and he should not have done so. But why the NCAA thinks they can suspend a kid for trying to plan his life and get tips on improving his skill is beyond me.

Bunch of cracker-ass fags.

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Did that last line really just happen?

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yes it did, dre. Further proof the CY is a jackass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.