1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dez Bryant establishes the real enemy: The media!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It was completely relevant and completely justified. Teams were checking on his personal life because it could affect his draft stock. Therefore, it was newsworthy if you are covering the draft.

If he has a problem with it, he should talk to his agent or whoever it was who was leaking the mom question stuff left and right. Or Dez himself, who didn't seem to shy away from publicly griping about it.

Every time I read about this guy, someone else has wronged him. The Dolphins GM. Roy Williams. Now the monolithic media.

2. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

If he's the moron you make him out to be, how would he follow such logic?

3. Dick Whitman

You're right. He's clearly a Rhodes Scholar.

You know what he is? He's a complete narcissist, just like every other diva wide receiver in that league. If he was smart enough - which is doubtful - to take a step back for a moment, he might begin to realize the unlikelihood that a group of professional men and women are plotting his demise.

I guess I can grasp how a 22-year-old shit-for-brains might not grasp that. Which makes Rodney Harrison's contribution - fueling that narcissistic paranoia - even more shameful.

4. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Bitter much?

5. Dick Whitman

Bitter? Not bitter in the least bit.

But not a fan boi like you, either.

6. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Oh yeah, I'm a big fanboi.

I know there isn't a conspiracy, I know the boogey man isn't out to get him. Just trying to put myself in someone else's shoes. It's easy to rip on someone for the sake of ripping on them, and some people make themselves easier targets than others.

I've noticed that you've called him a narcissist and implied that he's an idiot and an asshole. Have you ever actually covered him?

7. Dick Whitman

I haven't. But his public performance the last few months hasn't exactly earned him the benefit of the doubt.

8. I suggest you check out the definition of hazing ... It is not just limited to physical pain.

9. The nut.

10. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Is Wes Welker a narcissist?

11. Dick Whitman

Are you seriously implying that this is racial?

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Oh please, carrying shoulder pads is not fucking hazing, it's harmless. There is absolutley nothing wrong with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.