1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dez Bryant establishes the real enemy: The media!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It took a couple years, but it looks like the Cowboys finally found a replacement for Terrell Owens.
    Can't wait until the first time this guy gets arrested and starts blaming "the media" for reporting it.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Not only that, Bryant is a guy who is in the NFL to win. He's not there for the free cocaine and strippers like the rest of the Cowboys.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

or his mother gets arrested.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

No rookie was drafted to "carry pads," you idiot. But there are rituals that result in team bonding, should players choose to be part of that bonding. They didn't ask him to drink until he puked or let some sadistic psych major paddle his rear end, which happens in every frat house in America.

It was simply, "carry the pads." And if Dez Bryant cared about being part of a team, he would have done it.

All that said, it was incredibly overblown, but so is everything involving America's Most Overrated Team.

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Everyone else in the NFL just wants to lose, I guess.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'm surprised we're still on this and haven't moved on to pix of Marty Jr.

7. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

The media did make too big of a deal out of this.

But Dez Bryant is basically a wildly unintelligent human being. So I don't need him preaching to me about the media's role in the world.

8. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Shouldn't Wade Phillips tell the media to pick on him, because, after all he's.... 65?

9. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Sorry. 63.

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Boom, it's a harmless little thing that rookies do. Unless you haven't strapped on a helmet, carrying a veteran's pads is nothing more than funny shit.

Yes, Dez was drafted to win. He was also drafted to do what the fucking coaches and the quarterback tells him what route to run.

Don't give me this shit about he shouldn't have to. Yes, the fuck he does. I did it, everyone has done it. Blame ESPN for making this a big deal.

The Cowboys could have made this go away by sneaking into Bryant's room, haul his ass out of bed and tie him to the goalpost and dump water on him.

11. joe king

joe king Active Member

My guess is a bunch of the veterans will make nice, invite him out to dinner and then run out, leaving Dez with about a $10,000 food/bar bill.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The horrified reaction over this by some of you is hysterical. Clearly this is going to ruin the team chemistry they have going on there and totally tank their entire season. This really is a big deal. Clearly. And the other guys who carried pads will be wept for when they're cut.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.